Monday, September 28, 2015

Hello Kanab and Goodbye!


After leaving Richfield for the second time in two days we headed south into Arizona and then back up into Kanab, Utah arriving late afternoon.  Walked around town, spent a few bucks.  Visited the Little Hollywood Museum which details the filming of motion pictures and television shows in the area.  The museum includes a small outdoor area of some sets salvaged from various productions, westerns of course. 
Kanab as Hollywood...No autographs!
Saw a number of interesting neon signs in town that I wanted to get pictures of at dusk.  I had decided to spend the night in town but didn’t want to go to the trouble or expense of going to an RV park.  I approached a couple of the merchants about where I could park my rig in town for the night without going to an RV park. In spite of having made purchases from at their shops their responses reminded me of this:
 
Unlike the other ..ab in Utah (Moab) where they’re just as happy that you’re in town spending money, Kanab has a more retentive sensibility.  Had dinner at Denny’s Wigwam that had a dog friendly patio.  Their staff was very friendly to me and my canine companions.  I had made my mind up to get my pictures at dusk and head to Page, Arizona just south of the state line to overnight at Walmart.  On the way on highway 89 we had two bird strikes within five minutes of one another.  Both very large birds, probably owls.  They both hit hard and LOUD.  No damage to the rig, doubt the birds were as lucky.  Made it into Page in little over an hour.  Got a ready to bake pizza at the Walmart for a before bedtime snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment