Monday, October 26, 2015

Beachfront Property

After setting sail from the Queen Mary we headed over to the Dockweiler RV Park L. A. County's only recreational vehicle campground ON THE BEACH!  It’s operated by the County of Los Angeles Department of Beaches and Harbors.  A very clean and well maintained set up.  I opted for a spot on the front row next to the beach.  A little pricier at $65 a day.  The only drawback is the park sits under the departure flight path for LAX runway 25L, great for plane spotting but not sleeping in late.  The dogs loved the RV park’s off-leash area on the beach.

My very own palm tree
The view
Spent most of Wednesday and Thursday seeing the sights on my bike.  Wednesday rode the perimeter of LAX for some plane spotting and visited the Flight Path Museum.  Thursday I rode my bike to Marina del Rey, Venice and Santa Monica along the Marvin Braude Bicycle Trail.  Pedaled about twenty-five miles round trip.  Grilled a steak for dinner when I got back.  Packed up Friday and headed towards downtown Los Angeles.

LAX
Lots of A-380 action

DC-3 at the Flight Path Museum
Santa Monica hates RV's


2 comments:

  1. I used to live in that area and had horses boarded under the flight path near the beach in the 70's. Any stables still in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one near Imperial and Manchester for boarding all sorts of animal before and after being shipped through LAX.

    ReplyDelete